About a month ago I purchased the new 2011 Pearl Izumi Infinity LD Shorts from Salt Lake Running Company. I new I wanted to get some shorter, more performance enhanced shorts for the Amasa Back trail race, so I stopped by the running company store and tried on a bunch of different pairs. I immediately fell in love with the Infinity shorts because of their comfort and functionality.
They are loaded with features and the material is absolutely amazing. According to Pearl Izumi’s website here are the specs:
The Infinity LD Short features a full Minerale™ liner which dries 50% faster than regular performance polyesters. The lightweight outer shell has a longer inseam and secure external pockets.
- ELITE Transfer fabric is lightweight and provides superior moisture transfer
- Smooth front panel with elasticized sides and back with stretch draw cord for superior comfort and fit
- Two hook and loop and two zippered pockets
- Fully-integrated Float liner uses Transfer fabric with Minerale™ which provides optimal moisture transfer, faster dry time and odor absorption
- 7″ inseam [size medium]
- Reflective elements for low-light visibility
I have logged approximately 10 or more runs in these shorts and they feel awesome, I need to get another pair or possibly two.
Here’s a pic from my run a few weeks ago along the Bonneville shoreline trail, sporting the PI Infinity shorts.